October 19, 12:30 - 7:30 pm
October 20, 12:30 - 7:30 pm
October 21, 12:30 – 5:00 pm
20 CE hrs available from Yoga Alliance for E-RYT
Inviting yogis, clinicians, social workers, medical personnel, and/or individuals working with communities with trauma.
This training is designed to link our psychological understanding of shock and complex trauma with how it manifests in the body and mind. It will give you tools from the growing research into trauma, yoga, and mindfulness to manage and even resolve symptoms of trauma, such as: anxiety, depression, behavioral issues, relationship stress, and health issues.
The training is tailored to those with a background in the field of trauma looking to deepen their skill set. You do not need to be a certified yoga instructor to benefit from this training. It is one part of a two-part series; you may attend either or both parts.
This 20-hour training covers the following information for trauma informed yoga:
- Shock, developmental, complex, and collective trauma
- The stress response and nervous system
- Somatic therapy tools for resourcing and discharge
- Yoga postures, breathing techniques, and mindfulness exercises to support greater self-regulation
- Trauma informed cueing and sequencing
- Short interventions for working with both individuals and groups
- Practice teaching skills Self-awareness and Self Care to prevent compassion fatigue
Some scholarships available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application.
To register, click the "Register Here" link below, then click the "Sign Up Now!" button near the bottom of the next page.